Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Percent of completion for some operations in SS2005

Hi folks
I have seen many and many businesses today have already upgraded to SQL Server 2005 and at this time I would like to share with you some of new features that this product gives us.
As you know SQL Server 2005 provides lots of dynamic management views (DMV) to get access to internal behaviour of processes or commands. If I remember well, someone of MVPs has already published about this feature , so anywhere..

Take a look at this script. Run for example BACKUP DATABASE comand and in another session run the below script. It provides you with start time column , percent of complete and what possible completion time is...(estimated_completion_time ) COOL, right?.

SELECT TOP 2 start_time,
percent_complete ,estimated_completion_time
FROM sys.dm_exec_requests
ORDER BY start_time desc

Check it out with those commands

DBCC CHECKDB
DBCC SHRINKDATABASE
DBCC SHRINKFILE
BACKUP DATABASE
ROLLBACK

3 comments:

haiyan said...

The Requiem shows up so many cool pictures that got me thinking a lot. And I really mean that a lot of requiem gold is very important and required. First off if the name is not taken the name and some requiem lant of book Requiem I do not if it is allowed to name a book. Some requiem money will well enough chatting better go and write this book. Comment on this please should I write this book or not. See you. In Requiem, there is blood. Monsters, blood, bigger monsters, and yes, more blood and need cheap requiem lant. You know what that requiem online gold means; there are factions, races changing sides, and all out war.

Replica Watches said...

29047126483369175 I play dofus Replica Watches for one year, I Replica Rolex Watches want to get some Replica Watch kamas to buy Replica Chanel Watches item for my character. So, I search "Replica Swiss Watches" on google and found many website. As Exact Replica Graham Watch the tips from the forum, I just review the Swiss Replica Watches websites and choose some Replica Montblanc Watches quality sites to Replica Cartier Watches compare the price, and go to their Replica Breguet Watches online support to make Replica Breitling Watches the test. And Last Chaos Gold I decide to use Replica BRM Watch at the end. And Tag Heuer Replica Watch that is the Replica IWC Watch beginning..

aiya said...

Office 2010is powerful!
Microsoft Office 2010is the best software in the world.
Microsoft wordis so great!
Office 2007makes life great!
Many people likeMicrosoft Office.
Microsoft Office 2007is welcomed by the whole world.
Office 2007 keyis available here.
Office 2007 downloadis on sale now!
Office 2007 Professionalbring me so much convenience.
Outlook 2010 make life wonderful!
Microsoft outlook is my love.
Microsoft outlook 2010 is convenient!
Windows 7 is convenient!